Sunday, April 5, 2009

So how did we get here?


So you ask...just how did we get here? How did I get to the point where I am counting how long it's been since I talked to my ex? You know, the funny thing is I don't think either one of us has the answer but I'll try my best to answer this question...

Let's see it was almost exactly a year ago when I met him...you know Mr. Prince Charming...6'6" handsome man that made every inch of my body explode. I guess you could say it was lust at first sight. Well, we exchanged numbers, talked for hours, for days, and eventually had our first date. Our first date turned into our first everything...you get my drift?

So let's fast forward past a couple of dates...lust turned to love and everything moved super fast. It moved so fast that I think it scared both of us. We moved so fast that we were doing everything that couples do that have been together for years, for ages, including conceiving a little one. Yep...I got pregnant.

I chose to be responsible for our actions and kept our baby. This was a very hard decision to make and it put a strain on our relationship. We fought over everything...if you can imagine it...small, big...it didn't matter...it was to be argued over.

Okay...let's fast forward some more...I don't think I ever really forgave him for the things he said and did during my pregnancy but of course now that baby is here I expected him to be different. Why? I don't know...a tiger doesn't change its stripes so why did I think he would change? People do change...just not him. I'm going through every trial and tribulation a person can experience...and add new mother to the equation. So I'm tired, stressed, drained, emotional, sensitive...typical woman stuff huh? So while we're on the phone, he continues to say things that add to my current distress...not eliminate. So what happens next? A huge argument and...

I'M SO DONE WITH YOU!!! *add profanity here*

Yep, in a nutshell, I told the man that I love that I'm done with him and he says he's done with me. So where does that leave me...

No comments:

Post a Comment